Monday, June 12, 2006

Trekking up the Hudson


I'm in Poughkeepsie. So good to see everyone. I hate to have to leave tomorrow.

I wish I could stop time for a while and just hang out up here for a spell. There's a house and a patio and a cat and a bed and a family and it means everything can stop for a moment and I can forget about emails and phone messages and rent and bills and life.

But tomorrow at 9pm I'll be catching the Greyhound back to DC. Because arriving at the bus station in DC at 2am sounds like a really fabulous idea.

I had a great two days in New York. I ate and drank a lot. (Former) speechwriter boy and I had a surprisingly hip dinner in sort of lower hell's kitchen - which was something of a wasteland when I left New York but like the rest of the city, now actually has destination restaurants and clubs. Then I met B when he got out of work and we made our now traditional trip to Blue Ribbon to eat and drink (he ate, I drank) with the night shift crowd. Saturday I became reacquainted with the cutest baby ever (see above if you don't believe me) then ate Japanese kabobs with B and his friend J, headed over to Cat Power, and later to a University of Michigan musical theater reunion of sorts...perhaps more on that later... then after a four and a half hours of sleep met my parents for brunch, the photography museum, an afternoon attempting to avoid the Puerto Rican day parade (unsuccessfully) and finally a visit to the 24-hour-Apple store which was everything I imagined it to be and more. And now here, Poughkeepsie, bed, cat, home, exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter