Friday, June 02, 2006

Scattered



I'm a little overwhelmed right now. Not good overwhelmed, not bad overwhelmed, just generally - yes, sputtering.

Trying to recover financially from the last several months. Trying also to make a trip up to New York this weekend.

I know. Those two things completely contradict each other.

Also putting together this endless application for a program I'm not a great candidate for anyway (don't worry, it doesn't require me to leave DC). I had almost finished my personal statement when I simply didn't save the new draft. So, back to the drawing board and overnight mailing tomorrow morning.

I hate personal statements even more than I hate getting recommendations. When I was applying to colleges the first time around the one and only reason I did not end up applying to Northwestern was that they required three personal essays. Three! Couldn't do it. I'd prepare auditions up the wazoo, but totally bailed when asked to write multiple statements. And this from someone who started out as an English minor. Too lazy to write.

In other news:

I heard
this story on Democracy Now this morning. The woman was apparently on her way to the hopital to give birth. Fucked up, right?'

I have not gotten my hair cut for over nine months. Pathetic.

I saw my college roommate for lunch the other day. She was in from LA visiting her mother in Baltimore. She sells
great t-shirts through Cafe Press. I am going to buy one. Maybe you should too.

I am reading and re-reading legalese which might as well be, well, anything but English.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

for what it's worth, i think your hair looks fabulous. you don't even have noticeable split ends.
just thought you should know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter