Sunday, September 03, 2006

Their Words Are Better Than Mine


It's been a busy weekend, I'll write about it in more detail soon, but for now I'm off in lyric land again.

I went there because I was doing what I generally avoid doing - looking back on archived posts. I'm nearing the one year anniversary of some significant events in my life and I wanted to see what I was able to put into words about the experiences that happened then, experiences that I still don't feel like I have a complete grasp on. Looking back I realized that I didn't really write about them at all. Instead I quoted the songs that I couldn't stop listening to at the time.

What now?

Neko Case
THAT TEENAGE FEELING
And nothing comforts me the same
As my brave friend who says,
"I don't care if forever never comes
'Cause I'm holding out for that teenage feeling
I'm holding out for that teenage feeling"

Great song. And working on LUNCH - living in this world of first and pure and all-consuming crushes - makes one pause and think, why did we ever start settling for less than that?

Also

The Weepies
SIMPLE LIFE
Move on, move on
Time is accelerating.
Drive on all night
Traffic lights and one-ways.
Move on, move on
Parking violations waiting
Turn off the car, breathe the air
Let's stay here.

...

I want only this, I want to live
I want to live a simple life

I don't even drive. But the sentiment is there. The fear of the awaiting parking violation, metaphorical or otherwise. Shouldn't it all be much easier than this?

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

Neko Case...brilliant.

If it were easy, would you feel alive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter