Friday, August 25, 2006

It is pretty Grand...



I'm a little bit baffled by my life these days. Not in a bad way, it's just, everything is a little bit different.

I got caught in a downpour walking through Times Square today.

I relish my Metro North rides in to and out of the city. I'm reading more than I have in a long time. My script is really well organized. And I'm watching episodes of Felicity.

I've always said that I couldn't deal with any real commute, but I like it right now. It keeps me centered when everything else seems a bit bizarre.

Again, not in a bad way.

I haven't spent any time at all actually in the city. In fact, I don't think anyone knows that I am here yet. Which is okay because it gives me time to hang with my parents. And they actually seem to be enjoying it. I think they like having me home right now.

I watched my mom shuck corn at the grocery store yesterday. She works with great intensity.

And today, the cable guy came.

I pack little lunches and bring them with me to my rehearsal. Then, on a break, I eat my cheese sandwich and chips.

I like our rehearsal space. And I am charmed by the experience of walking out of the door directly into midtown Manhattan. All in all, I am having a great time.

I do miss everybody. And I miss the idea of having everybody, well, nearby.

But it's good. Things are shaken up. That's good for me. In a life that doesn't really allow for it I know I tend to cling too much to routine.

Including working on this show - today we worked on a scene that we've done pretty much the same in each version of the show. For almost two years now. But now three of the four actors are new. It's a good challenge - resisting trying to recreate the exact same moments we had before. And on the other hand, not throwing out things that worked just for the sake of change.

There's some metaphor for life in there, but I don't know if I am capable of chipping away at it enough to hone in on it right now.

It's 11:04. My train leaves Grand Central in six minutes. I'm going to watch Felicity.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i misses sas. i'm glad you're having a good time! woo hoos! say hi to shawn.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

oh, this is good...playing is good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter