Friday, June 16, 2006

Sigh. Yes. Sigh.

I'm tired. Not literally (though a bit of that too) but existentially. And how pretentious does that sound?

I try not to complain much, here or in life, but I have to do it once and quickly and then I think it will hurt less, okay? Like removing a band aid. Just once. Never again. I promise.

I'm tired of having to work at a day job in order to do what I love.
I'm tired of being broke.
I'm tired of switching trains at Metro Center.
I'm tired of the hill staffers in the Starbucks on Pennsylvania Avenue.
I'm tired of meals from Panera and Potbelly.
I'm tired of not finding him.
I'm tired of news from the internet.
I'm tired of vodka tonics.
I'm tired of heavy bags (literally).
I'm tired of heavy baggage (metaphorically).
I'm tired of long hair.
I'm tired of ATMs.
I'm tired of missed calls.
I'm tired of unopened mail.
I'm tired of balance bars.
I'm tired of unwatched netflix.
I'm tired of regret.
I'm tired of questions.
I'm tired of unfinished books.
I'm tired of waiting (for trains, for service, for elevators, for returned calls, for love, for success).

I know some of these things I can fix easily (umm, haircut?) And I will. And I feel better already having articulated that.

I promise I'll be more fun the next time you see me.

4 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heart sas. let me know if you need anything

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think we should go on a date the next time i'm in DC. whaddya think? would that be a freegin' disaster?
RJ

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger SAS said...

MB - Maybe we SHOULD get pedicures next week. And I still like vodka tonics, as long as I'm with you.

RJ - You did not just do that. Oh good lord. I should pay better attention to my statcounter. Take your fu*king spam filter off so I can send you a normal email, will you? I'm really embarassed.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger SAS said...

So embarrassed, in fact, that I spelled embarrassed wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter