Monday, May 08, 2006

Road Trip and More


I spent several hours in the wilds of West Virginia (remember West Virginia?) on Saturday, at the wedding of my lovely stage manager from Steel Magnolias. It was a perfect day for a wedding, and I relished the opportunity to actually see the sunlight for more than fifteen minutes at a time. I drove up with friends, and we made sure to stop for fast food on the way up AND on the way home (due to timing issues and the need for two of us to get back in time for a show we had to leave before the actual "dinner" part of the wedding, which was kind of a bummer).

Fast food stops are difficult for me. Even with all the attempts that those places are making to be perceived as more "healthy" (the result I imagine of Super Size Me and other indictments) they still are not veggie friendly. We stopped at McDonald's on the way up and all these new salads they have are still laden with chicken. I ordered the Asian salad sans chicken (which was basically iceberg lettuce with a few pea pods on top) and the man looked up at me and queried with a Western Maryland twang:

"Yoga or cardio?"

"Excuse me?"

"Yoga or cardio? Ya git a free cd with yer salad. You want yoga or cardio?"

I chose yoga. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

In other news, I am itching to get out of town for a bit and am thrilled to be headed up to New York next weekend. Plans are still being made but I should have time to see both family and friends.

Reviews have continued to roll in. The Washington Times one was another really positive notice and the two internet fellows were generally positive but sided with the Sicilian on the slide show choice.

Frankly, now, I am tired of hearing/reading/thinking about the slide show choice. It's making me tense. Thinking about it.

Maybe I need to crack open the yoga cd. Maybe if New York is actually sunny I will just stay there. There is no greater healing force than a sunny day in New York.

(I just checked on Weather.com and the prediction is for rain all weekend so the chances that I will be back the following week are very, very good.)

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the slide show: Yeah, so it's practically indecipherable.

SO. FRIGGIN. WHAT.

Is THAT the POINT of Blessing's play? A bunch of anonymous photos projected on a - screen? So you did something creative. So you bucked convention in the most trivial and inconsequential way.

My point is, clearly the other critics didn't have a problem with it. Clearly they didn't feel the need to nitpick about something so ridiculously ASININE to comment on in a review.

Your show is brilliant. Nobody cares about the slides in teh damn slide show. Period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter