Friday, February 03, 2006

An Apple a Day


There are days when the only thing in life that can possibly make a person feel better is listening to Fiona Apple.

I had never really been that into her.

Then I met a cute, funny playwright who told me (told my brother, actually) that I reminded him of Fiona Apple.

So I did some research.

Clearly he did not mean angsty, young, emaciated Fiona from the Criminal video.

I started listening to Extraordinary Machine (yes, all because cute playwright said I looked like her - I don't, really, but I liked the idea of it) and I am completely hooked.

It was serendipitous to come into my life right now. The album is angry enough without being bitchy, moving enough without being pathetic.

I had to break the window
It just had to be it was in my way
Better that I break the window
Then forget what I had to say

So I had to break the window
It just had to be
Better that I break the window
Than him or her or me

2 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Wicketywack said...

Wow, I forgot how cute Fiona is.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great recommendation. if it was that. a recommendation that is. ho hum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter