Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Four Choices Meme

I used to write a lot in my posts. I think maybe at times I've said a bit too much.

I had to look back in the archives for a reference to something and I realized this. I felt a little sheepish reading some of them, in the "Did I really write that in my diary about Rick who was in the class down the hall when I was nine?" kind of way.

But a little better, because I think I managed to maintain some sense of the fact that other people read a blog.

I'm not sure how I feel about how I come across in some of them. I really did forget about writing a lot of this stuff, and frankly, June seems like it was about twelve years ago. It was not.

Anyhow, several fun stories in my mental queue (love that word, queue) but they'll have to wait. For now, I am carrying on this meme from Joziu, even though he did not officially tag me.

(P.S. If blogs are already a sign of above average self-absorption, how much more narcissism does the constant posting of meme's reveal? It's a little bit embarrassing.)

Four Jobs You've Had In Your Life:
1. Theater Director (that's the one I like)
2. Collections Associate (my dirty secret)
3. Content Writer (whatever that means)
4. Assistant to a Rabbi (a very long story)

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over Again:
1. The Graduate
2. You Can Count on Me
3. The Breakfast Club
4. Say Anything

Four Places You've Lived:
(These were all for at least two years)
1. New York, NY
2. Ann Arbor, MI
3. Winston-Salem, NC
4. Washington, DC

Four TV Shows You Love(d) To Watch:
(I don't really watch TV anymore, but I do rent all of these on DVD's)
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. Sex and the City
3. Six Feet Under
4. The Office (British version)

Four Places You've Been On Vacation:
(I'm going to keep this to the last three years)
1. Florence, Italy
2. Avignon, France
3. Chicago, Illinois
4. Seattle, Washington

Four Websites You Visit Daily
1. www.dcist.com
2. www.theaterboy.typepad.com
3. www.aol.com
4. www.washingtonpost.com

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Sushi (especially yellowtail)
2. A good tuna melt
3. Falafel with lots of toppings
4. Artichokes

Four Albums You Can't Live Without:
1. Damien Rice O
2. Dar Williams Out There Live
3. Gomez Split the Difference
4. Peter Gabriel So (because I may not have made it past fifteen with my sanity without that one).

Four Vehicles You've Owned:
1. A Blue Aries K Car
2. A Silver Eagle Summit (??!!)
3. A bike, when I was ten
4. My current Metro card

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

i keep going back through my posts and deleting ones I think "say too much" ... I wouldn't worry about the narcissism ... its par for the course in many of these things.

and artichokes ROCK.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

Have we talked about Winston? I lived in GSO for quite a while, and did work a lot in Winston in theatre.

Weird, but cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter