Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More Good Theater


This is the email I got from my friend MBF this morning:

AND.....dude. time to update your blog. seriously. i'm at work today with not a goddamn thing to do and you don't write anything new? you're dead to me.

This is my response:

We have a queue of 8 calls. It is crazy here. It's all your fault. You should write a blog entry and I'll post it as a guest blogger.

You fuckers. I was going to do my taxes today.


She is in this production of Measure for Measure, that my friend Aaron directed and several people I adore are involved with. I am so friggin’ proud of them right now. Peter Marks wrote a great review, very smart, and I am so glad that he *got* it.

I saw the show on Saturday and was pretty jazzed. I learn so much from watching Aaron’s work. He jumps in all the way and takes some monumental risks and when they pay off it is thrilling. I actually love this play (I am a sucker for the "problem plays") and I think they have done some wonderful things with this one.

Yeah for good theater. Yeah for Shakespeare’s complex plays (who decided that “complex” had to be labeled “a problem”)?

And yeah for puppets.

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. i did write a "blog entry". it went like this. "SAS called me a fucker. the baby panda dies at sundown." the end.
aaron's kinda smart.
and YOU, my friend...take my breath away. as it were.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger SAS said...

hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha.

Watching every motion
In my foolish lover's game
On this endless ocean
Finally lovers know no shame
Turning and returning
To some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion
As you turn around and say

Take my breath away
Take my breath away

Best. Compliment. Ever.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mb should shut her mouth the dappy cow. who you gonna call ray parker jr? who you gonna call?

oh, and for sleeping with a blocked nose. use vicks vapour rub. works wonders. really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter