Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Curtain Time and Away We Go...

My show opens tonight. It is a different kind of feeling about opening as it is not really *my* show (it is a series of 8 short plays, so I share that honor with seven other directors) and because the Madcap Festivals do not get reviewed.

These two factors eliminate a lot of the pressure (and the consequential second guessing) that can plague me towards the opening of a show. It's actually been pretty liberating this time around, as it has truly felt like we were exploring the work without having to be extremely product oriented (process over product - a luxury hard to find outside of school) and I have explored some new ways of working on this one that really reinvigorated me.

It's been a really good time.

With the exception of one actor, my folks are all new to me, and I have very much enjoyed getting to know them all both personally and professionally. I heart my actors. And the band. And the musical director. And the writer.

Awwww. I know, load on the sentiment City Mouse.

Nevertheless, all of it is true.

So, come see the show. The right thing about evening of vignettes is that if you hate one, there is always a new one waiting just around the bend. And the pieces are all really interesting. The evening is, overall, much darker than it has been in years past. But I don't know that that's a bad thing.

So, come see the show, and do let me know if you are coming (and that is the collective "you") so I can try to be there as well. (Technically speaking, when a show opens, the director's job is done.)

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger hpmelon said...

*aww shucks*

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sandwich Repairman said...

Hooray!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter