Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Things About HH That Made Me Smile

1. Gallu

2. Because R&G and Ui were both nominated for best ensemble, I think that every non-equity male actor in DC was nominated this year. Thus any show I ever work on will probably have a “Helen Hayes nominated blah-blah-blah” in it. So right, good press.

3. Gallu.

4. Karl Miller was nominated, so maybe we’ll get to see him again. Talking to him outside of the awards last year was one of the high points of my evening (that was last year, right?). That, and of course, seeing mb dressed up all pretty. And when DCepticon sat next to me on the stairs. And when Adrienne talked about sock puppets.

5. Mr. Calarco, again, bravo.

6. Gallu.

7. ACP. Last time, when he won for TWO GENTS, I was late because I had a major meltdown over hairspray and I missed his speech. Maybe it’ll happen again and I won’t miss it this time.

8. Granted, I will only get to see the awards if SOME PEOPLE do the THINGS THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING. Ahem, Gallu.

9. Gallu.

I didn't see enough theater this year to have strong opinions about what deserved a nod and didn't get one, but the few that do come to mind are: Don Juan (odd that the only Shakespeare Theater show I really dug received but a costume mention... I thought Jeremy Webb was pretty masterful), The Monument (gutsy and bold performances from both Mendenhall and Alexander--also the design work--what, shows that spent less than $10,000 on a set are not eligible for nominations?), Fat Pig (I know I'm not the only one), Red Light Winter (didn't love the play but was very impressed by the performances). I also loved the acting and design work in Velvet Sky, and Maia and Todd Scoffield in Bal Masque.


So, right.

More about my show and other stuff to come, soon.

6 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gallu gallu gallu gallu gallu gallu gallu gallu gallu he's tall gallu gallu woo hoo gallu gallu

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

Don Juan, totally...best thing I saw all year.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you liked Bal Masque, I ASM'd that show, listened to it from backstage every night. good stuff. and yay Ui!

email me about this ticket thing, and whether I should buy some online.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my new mission in life: to do the thing i'm supposed to be doing -- a story that i'm sure will unfold in entertainingly vague terms on these pages.

uh. well. yeah. hmmm.

you ladies are sweet.

and, speaking of tall, thanks to the miracles of modern shoemaking mbf was quite imposing last night -- like a lady shaq.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger The Dougressor said...

chris gallu PAPA BEAR
how exciting!
have you ever layed on his sweaty, hairy back? i have...and it was a pleasure

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger The Trendy Tailor said...

yay Gallu "almost birthday twin!" That's soooo freakin fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter