Friday, February 02, 2007

Wordsmiths

We have a running joke at the Catalyst meetings about my tendency to crush on playwrights (and by joke I mean Chris bugs me about it and I get red and flustered). These crushes happen regardless of gender or sexual orientation. I think playwrights who can do wonderful things with words are pretty darn alluring. It is a very specific kind of talent crush.

I like it. Don't make me stop, okay?

So here's this site that is kind of like crack to my crushing.


The photos are amazing. Are all of them from Timeout/NY Times articles? Or is he doing this on his own? Are they only New York based playwrights? And will he consider the project complete when he reaches a certain number?

Anyone know?

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Ask Adam Szymkowicz, he posted the same link on his blog, and he is one of the photographed playwrights.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Adam Szymkowicz said...

as far as i know, Peter has no connection to TONY. I think you see the photos everywhere because he's such an amazing photographer and it's the best photo most playwrights have of themselves so they submit it anytime someone asks for a photo. You could ask Peter yourself for more details but it is my understanding that his project is to photgraph playwrights so there is a record of them. he plans to publish a book. He did something similar with visual artists. They are not all NY playwrights

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter