Friday, February 09, 2007

Free Will-y Nilly

CANCER (June 21–July 22): Happy Valentine Daze, Cancerian! I sing a sly wow toward the sky and murmur a resonant yow toward the earth in rowdy reverent gratitude for the wonders that come your way from the special people in your life. I send out a special yaya and gaga to that Mysterious Other who has the power to challenge you, teach you, confound you, inspire you, and love you almost as well as you love yourself. Long may your story unfold in all of its enigmatic glory! Long may you liberate each other from your suffering!

Thanks to Gwenergy for the horoscope inspiration. It stands to be mentioned that this "mysterious other" has yet to reveal himself to me. Or maybe he already passed through the sliding glass door of my soul and I missed him.

The funny thing is, I've kind of always suspected that the right match would engage in a mutual "liberation from suffering" with me (that sounds kind of dirty but I didn't mean it that way). I told this to a friend once.

"I mean, my match needs to have my world view! He has to understand that the world is awful and will never get any better! He has to know that human kind is predispositioned to be cold and mean and selfish. And then he has to unite with me in a little bubble of goodness within the great sea of bad and fight against it by my side."

And my tall friend CG looked down at me and his eyes said so clearly "No wonder you're single."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter