Friday, January 19, 2007

Set Up

I got nothin'.

Sorry. I'm a pretty useless blogger these days. There a number of explanations behind this which can pretty much be boiled down to: 1) new management at my day job and 2)so busy I'm not even busy.

Our playwright comes into town this weekend. Butterflies in the stomach.

Two meetings with set designers for upcoming projects yesterday. Both really jazzed me. I was talking to a costume designer about the fact that set designers, good ones at least, can have a monumental effect on the shape of a show. And because they enter so early in the process they become much more a part of a show's eveolution than other design disciplines. Does everyone find this to be the case? I always feel like I shouldn't love the first crack at a set that I'm given, like I should make a designer rework and reimagine so that they have the chance to stretch their mental muscles. So what then if an idea is thrown out to you and you're like, "ummm, yeah!" of course-- give me another entrance, and some height on this side, and something for them to play on in this scene, and we're all set...

No pun intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter