Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Electric Bodies

Feeling blue. Maybe it's the weather.

My rehearsal was cancelled last night which meant I should have been catching up on work I need to be doing on this next play (including researching the average size of a water hog, which is in fact a really big Guinea Pig--but we won't go down that road again).

Instead I started watching episodes of the Twilight Zone on Youtube. Curse you Casie Platt!

I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC. Somehow I could tie this in with the evolution of artificial intelligence, a minor theme in this next play. But not really.

It bothered me a bit that the way the oldest sister finally learned to love her electric grandmother was when g-ma-ma vowed that she would never, ever die, never, ever go away. What's the lesson there?

Anyway. I'm wading in a bit of self-doubt these days. I just don't think I see the world the way that other people do and it's disheartening.

Maybe I need a body electric.

Ah yes and it's Valentine's Day. I got a package with no card yesterday. I'm not sure if it was for opening a show or for Valentine's day. It is a theater related gift, sufficiently mysterious to distract me from the fact that I don't actually have a valentine. No idea who sent it and no way to figure it out. Maybe better if I don't, because it's kind of more fun that way.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Now I can't get this song out of my head.

I like your unique take on things...it is, many times, akin to what I am thinking. We can't both be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter