Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Paisano

This morning I woke up with a funny feeling at the back of my throat. My sinuses feel a bit... thick. And I swear I got a chill a moment ago.

But I will face this as I face every issue in my life I don't want to deal with.

Complete and total denial.

I. Am. Not. Getting. Sick.

That said, better now than two weeks from now.

The reading went well. It was a fun day, and people found some really nice moments.

Today is the best day of the year at my day-desk job. It's our holiday celebration, so we all get twenty minute massages and then go out for Thai food for lunch. At the lunch we do a gift exchange, which I of course did not deal with until this morning. I knew what I was going to get my receptor--the attorney I work with the most so I actually know something about, which is good--but didn't bother to go get it until about forty minutes ago.

She has raved about this Italian Deli/Mom&Pop restaurant down the street from the office a few times now. I've never been inside, but I figured I'd get her a gift certificate there, since I know she likes it and I am a huge advocate of gifts that people will actually USE. Why have I not been inside this place? The subs looked amazing, real Italian subs, they had a great selection of Italian imports--candies and cookies and the like--and the actual dinner menu looked authentic and reasonable.

The guy in the article--Marco--helped me out and his beautiful son kept talking to me in small person speak, which I don't really understand. Though maybe he was actually speaking in Italian. He came up to me and encircled my legs, which I have to say was damn cute and made me feel very loved. Thank you small cute Italian child with the big brown eyes.

And I started thinking, why don't I ever try to find a nice Italian boy? Goodness knows, that's what I grew up with. Maybe I should go back to Greece (that's Greece, NY) find a nice Italian boy, open up an Italian deli, or bread bakery, or ummm... restaurant and, well, breed I guess.

Whatta ya think about that mom? (And no, this has nothing to do with the fight that we got in when you admitted that you do indeed pray that I find a boyfriend. I decided I wouldn't write about that on the, umm... well, on my blog. Right.)

4 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

I am a huge fan of Italian boys. Have one of my own...

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh italians.

I know it's terribly stereotypical, but I love watching Moonstruck for the same reasons. So. Romantic.

Opera, sugar cubes in the champagne, gesticulating, loud arguments, passionate making-up. and lots of cheesy carbohydrates. yeahhh.

You are TOTALLY not sick. I will send ninja immune system vibes your way. firebomb your system with some Emergen-C

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Italian boy worked for me. I say give it a go.

No sickness..I need you for latkes.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...that's how i was sick. :( go to bed now. :( i heart you.

italian boys. yes. cute italian children, even better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter