Sunday, December 03, 2006

On Repeat

I decided last Thursday that The Animals Were Gone is the saddest song ever and thus I absolutely had to learn every lyric in it. I spent the afternoon listening to it sixteen times in a row - crying my way through the aisles of the Silver Spring Whole Foods.

And now? I can't get it out of my head. Try as I might.

Why do my little moments of obsessive compulsiveness manifest themselves in such useless ways? Why don't I ever decide that I really need to clean my apartment or sort my mail or organize my bookshelves?

"I love your depression and I love your double chin."

As someone who has never found the person who loves my depression and loves my double chin I tend to doubt that there is such a being out there. We're taught that there is - someone who will accept and adore us in our entirety.

I'm not so sure.

Anyway - pleasant weekend. Had a hot date with HPMelon to Midsummer's on Friday, drank exotic holiday beers and roamed the quaint streets of Georgetown on Saturday, and started work on a new project tonight.

Crashed hard, slept late, and dreamed long, strange, involved yet forgettable dreams.

"'Cause waking up without you is like drinking from an empty cup."

Damn you Damien Rice.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Hot date? Glad to know that after all this time I am still exciting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter