Saturday, December 16, 2006

An Acknowledgment



A few people have mentioned to me that my posts have been increasingly negative lately. Scrolling back, I see they're right. I'm not sure why that is--as it is not an altogether accurate representation of how I feel these days.

I feel pretty good. I am thrilled about the series of projects I have coming up this winter, beginning with a reading I am directing this monday at Theater J, of a moving, funny, probing play.

If anything, I have been extremely impatient lately--with everyone, including myself. Some stuff snapped inside when I had this falling out with my longtime friend last week. She is someone whom I have struggled to please for years and when faced with the fact that for all my trying I was still unable to live up to her expectations, I was forced to admit how ridiculously important it has always been for me to please people. And how ultimately, it is a waste of time. Mine and theirs.

Perhaps that is what I am working through these days.

In other news, there is a fascinating discussion about new play development going on over at Mr. Excitement News. Read the comments too--Christopher Shin's second long entry is quite beautiful--a love letter of sorts to what theater should aspire to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter