Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Babe's Mouths

This morning on the metro there was a small blond child, maybe one and a half, reaching out to the world from her double decker stroller (older brother was in the larger carriage underneath) - arms outstretched, fingers spread - repeating over and over:

"Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!"

Of course, her subtext was "Notice me! Pay attention to me! Smile at me! Love me!"

Her nanny took advantage of the moment of rest and sat on the bench and zoned. I'm sure I would have done the same - zoned, that is.

"Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!"

And it occurred to me, I'm constantly doing what the child was trying for. Broader vocabulary, same thing. Do we ever get to stop?

"Notice me! Pay attention to me! Smile at me! Love me!"

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

Should get that kid a sticker that says "Future Blogger of America".

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger damiansinc said...

:) I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter