Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The District Of

I love being in DC for elections.

I mean, on the one hand my last two election experiences here have been pretty depressing, especially 2004. Yeah. Bad.

But everyone cares here about politics. At least it feels that way. Much more so than when I lived in NY. I think the fact that everyone falls pretty much along the same party lines in New York (city) breeds some complacency.

And of course, with the heated races in Virginia and Maryland those of us nestled here in the middle feel the spark from both sides.

Ironically, we can't actually DO anything about either of them. It's the only time I feel a little bit bummed about living in the city.

Except
these folks are. DOING something. Very cool.

The rest of us sit, and watch, and wait, and hope.

Fervently.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sit, and watch, and wait, and hope....and drink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter