Friday, November 03, 2006

And I Will Find a Crowd, And Blend in for a Minute

I was supposed to direct a reading of Sarah Kane's BLASTED in about a week and a half for WSC's "Best of Brits" reading series and it looks now like we are not going to get the rights. I should have anticipated this - I've heard her estate is very tight with rights, I sort of don't blame them - but now we're kind of stuck.

Anyone have any other favorite plays by contemporary British women? Probably not Churchill. Maybe something in the same "in your face" spirit as Kane. It can be a Scottish or Irish writer as well, I think.

Ideas?

Aslo - great Friedman column about the ridiculousness that was the John Kerry fiasco.

I'm headed up to NY this weekend to meet with the playwright of the next show I'm working on, as well as with the scenic designer. I'm very, very excited. It's an excellent team. And a stunning play. More on that to come.

Happy Friday all.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

I will have to ponder...

in the mean time, try visiting

http://www.inyerface-theatre.com/az.html

for suggestions.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Or here...

http://www.stageplays.com/browse-no-frames.cgi?group=bm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter