Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Catch Up


I feel anxiety mode creeping in and it isn't going to help things. It isn't even about the play. We will be getting some minor rewrites today, I am still having an absolute blast with the cast, even more so with the addition of our playwright, and I think we will be fine with our allotted two hours of tech for our ten-minute little nugget.

I am actually freaking out because I never found the Louisville Bats cap I meant to get my dad. Or the Louisville Slugger onesie that I thought would be adorable for lil' Sonya in Brooklyn. And I never ate Derby Pie. And worst of all, I didn't schedule seeing all the plays here correctly. So now I've been here five weeks and I still won't end up seeing everything.

Life goes on. We do all we can, and then we let go of the rest. I know.

I also just filled in my calendar and I don't have a day off until May if all goes as planned. The good news is I figured out how to synch it with my ipod again, so I will always know where I am supposed to be, whether I am completely there in spirit or not.

It's fine, it's great, it is really. The weekend is going to be non-stop and then I make my final trek through the Louisville airport.

And I can't complain, really. It has been wonderful getting back to DC for short stints of culture (heady movies - someday I'll weigh in on what I've been watching lately, because they are all actually worth seeing) and friends. I saw Mr. JD from choir last Saturday after a crazy cab ride from BWI with a chatty Korean cab driver, a cutie pie highschool teacher from Oregon, and two girls looking at grad schools. We somehow ended up discussing gender roles and sexual appetites while I sat wary that the driver was going to say something that would make me really regret having volunteered to sit in the front seat.

And JD is great. I heard all about his lady, and pending wedding, and the mating habits of salamanders. Would it were all so simple.

Patty Griffin's Goodbye is on at the coffee shop. They're playing a live album of hers. Good choice.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

If you want Derby Pie, you can be my date to my friend Mark's Derby Party in DC -- it's a lot of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter