Saturday, March 18, 2006

Stranger in a Strange Land


There is something about being back in DC that brings on a minor anxiety attack. I inevitably end up running around with a mega list of things to accomplish and it doesn't all get done. It just doesn't. Ever. Never ever.

It also occurred to me on the second day back when I was on the metro escalator and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone who I thought I knew and then immediately dismissed it because "I was in Louisville, and who other than ATL folk do I know in Louisville?" that I am in fact NOT in Kentucky and that there is every likelihood that I will run into people that I know in DC. And that some of those people are people I want to run into and some of them are not.

Does anyone out there manage to live in a city for four years and only have people that they WANT to run into while roaming the streets?

Anyhow, for a fleeting second I missed the random anonymity of a small city in America's heartland.

But it is good to be back, when all is said and done. I've had some meetings-meetings, blah-blah, have a few more to do, got some stuff done, had some very good chats, and while I may in fact NOT make it over to Kiehl's for the only moisturizer I am willing to be consistent about using, well, that's what the internet is for right?

P.S. I know Kiehl's facial fuel is marketed specifically for men. But I cannot be the only woman out there using it. It has caffeine in it for goodness sakes! What isn't made better/shinier/healthier/more vibrant/aware/awake with a shot of caffeine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter