Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twisted


I’m watching a segment about a pretzel factory in Pennsylvania on the travel channel. It is about all I can handle right now.

I know I’ve said it before, but I really don’t know how people do the constant traveling thing. Back and forth from Louisville to DC twice in three weeks has completely done me in. As the plane took off from BWI at 10am this morning I looked outside and couldn’t remember if I was watching Louisville or Baltimore fade into miniature. I guess it is some comfort that I only had two places to choose from.

That said, I couldn’t ask for more in terms of challenging, interesting work right now, and great people to be engaging in it with. It is a pleasure to have the playwright here in Kentucky now – he’s great, has an infective energy which is just what I needed to perk me up after too many airports – and my first rehearsal for the play I return to work on in DC was also exciting. I love the actors, the stage manager is totally on the ball, the play is rich and potentially moving, it is all good.

I know. These thumbnail accounts of my work are not all that thrilling. But I’m beat. And thinking about some other things that are murky in my mind right now, and frankly a little preoccupied with watching people on TV make ice cream. Now it’s ice cream. They are apparently highlighting the ten best food factory tourist attractions, and now it’s Vermont at Ben and Jerry’s. We went there when I was in fifth grade. They had cows and we got free ice cream. Hmmm. Yes. Right.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Artist In Transition said...

Don't ever underestimate the value of free ice cream. At any age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter