Friday, July 11, 2008

Garter Frisbee? (for realz)

I've had an unexpected completely free night and I'm kind of digging it.

I'm searching for Bridal Shower games. I googled "Bridal shower games not lame" and one of the ones that came up is this:
"Put the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies out on a table with some bowls and spoons but no recipe. Have the bride try to make the cookies without a recipe. This is really fun for everyone else to watch."

Ummm. Really? This is really fun? Because why, we get to laugh at our soon-to-be-wedded friend/cousin who has a graduate degree from Columbia and undergrad degree from Brown and travels around the world helping third world countries but maybe because she can't MAKE COOKIE DOUGH we think--ha! better raise that dowry because this guys getting a non-domestic DUD!? And then what, we all get salmonella poisoning from eating the cookie dough? Seriously, WTF is this?

(I promise I'll get off the salmonella kick soon).

Then I googled "bridal shower games not cheesy" and got a recipe for baked brie.

So, anyone, truly--do non-cheesy bridal shower games exist? We will be in a restaurant, so no scavenger hunts or video travelogues. And maybe we go the non-game route. I just thought I'd look because then I could veto any really terrible or misogynistic games.

Help?

4 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at a rehearsal dinner where they had copies of the book I Do http://www.amazon.com/I-Do-Questions-Biggest/dp/0345504143/ref=bxgy_cc_b_text_a on the tables. It got some good conversations going. Not sure how "game" that is...

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Poker

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I played a bingo game one time where you filled out your own bingo card with stuff you thought she was going to get as a present and marked it off as she opened stuff. that one was okay.

i've seen mad libs done where you write, like, the story of how they met or something and mad lib away--that one is actually pretty fun.

there's also the "how much shit is in your purse right now" game where you list a whole mess of random shit (like, I won a prize because i actually had a ROCK in my purse) and you get points for it--like, lipstick is only one point but a home pregnancy kit is 50...stuff like that. i thought that was pretty fun too.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Danny Gavigan said...

karaoke
to hits like:
"Caribbean Queen"
"Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car"
and
"Don't Stop Believing"
is sure to get the party started sans gouda
:)
my name is smiley face
and i approve of this message

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter