Friday, June 06, 2008

Check, Please?

CRUMBLE closes this weekend. It’s been a great run. I get to see it Saturday night. I haven’t seen it since final preview. I’m excited.

Lots of stuff going on, auditions up the wazoo. I’ll have official stuff to announce about everything for my next year soon, but will wait until things are, well, official to do that. In the meantime.

It’s interesting. What I do know will be on my plate next year are several first productions of new plays with writers I don’t personally know. In the past week or so I have gotten to know one of them better in person, did some introductory chats with a potential one, and have been gearing up to start talking with the third.

I said to a friend the other day, “I feel like I have been going on a series of first and second dates”.

Because there is some element of that in a playwright/director relationship--especially and most essentially with a new play.

Will we like the same things? Will he/she get my sense of humor? Will I get his/hers? Do we listen to the same music, watch the same movies, read the same books? Will he/she think I am smart enough/cool enough/sane enough/articulate enough to trust with their proverbial baby?

Basically, is there chemistry?

Totally a first date, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter