Friday, May 09, 2008

Title Me

The show really became the show last night. That’s not to say that things won’t continue to evolve and gel and work themselves out, but I truly felt for the first time like we were doing THE PLAY.

Which is good. Because when I get there (and it took a longer time for me to get there this go around) I worry less about things like reviews and audience feedback. That’s up to them. This is up to us. And they can’t take this away from us, no matter what. Sometimes I never get to the place where I feel like we are really doing the play. And sometimes those shows get better reviews than the ones where I am absolutely sure we’ve got it.

It’s a subjective thing. There’s no telling.

But to use the whole birthing metaphor, as of last night I was confident this kiddy could walk.

Do come see it. I’m very proud of the work everyone is doing.

In other news, my cousin got engaged last weekend. Her boyfriend (fiancé!) did a bang-up job of surprising, amazing, impressing, and sweeping her away with the proposal which involved all the things a proposal should have: intrigue, subterfuge, a public setting, and the pacific ocean. Well done sir.

This does, at some point, mean yet another move (this is the cousin I live with) but there will be time enough to think about all of that as it comes.

My parents are in town for the weekend. Thinking of taking them tonight to the funky looking projection show at the Cathedral and tomorrow to the Newseum.

In other news, we discovered that with C’s cable he gets Showtime on demand. Which includes every episode of the first season of the TV version of This American Life.

I am very excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter