Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hooomana

Heading to Louisville tomorrow for a weekend visit. It's a little bit disappointing to realize my most exciting trip since the fall will be to Kentucky. Nothing against Kentucky. But. You know.

I am very much looking forward to a couple of days out of town however.

And marathon theater, and socializing, and hanging with Jen-Men and Jeremy. I'm excited. I'd be more excited if I was packed.

It's been a draining week which is strange since I am essentially unemployed.

But. But. But...

With gigs here and there. Did a day's work with YPT on an updated version of The Tortoise and the Hare. After we staged the piece the sixteen-year-old playwright came in and took notes. She had a legal pad that the YPT boys gave her and I saw her writing stuff down and I got a little nervous like I do whenever a playwright comes in and sees the work I've done on their play.

And then she said at the end, "I loved *this*, and I liked how you did *this*, and I thought *this* was good. Oh, and I meant to say that I liked *this* as well".

It was pretty great. She was super articulate and centered. I love meeting cool, well-adjusted girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter