Monday, May 05, 2008

If It Was Easy Everybody Would Be Doing It

Theater is hard. Maybe that’s the point.

I wonder if lawyers constantly worry, “What if I’m a bad lawyer?”. Or surgeons. Do surgeons wonder “Wow, I wonder if I am going to be able to fix that?” every time they get towards the end of a procedure?

On a sunnier note: we got some great pre-press in The Washington Post.

And in honor of my sixth grade crush, here it is. Andie (Molly Ringwald) reams out Blane (Andrew Mcarthy) when he backs out of prom:

Andie: I waited for you this morning.
Blane: Yeah? Where?
Andie: Parking lot. I saw you and I thought you saw me.
Blane: No.
Andie: What about prom, Blane?
Blane: Andie, I'm having a bad day. Can we talk later?
Andie: No. What about prom?
Blane: Why don't we meet after school?
Andie: No! What about prom?
Blane: Andie, come on.
Andie: Just say it.
Blane: What?
Andie: Just say it. I wanna hear you say it.
Blane: Andie, please, all right?
Andie: I wanna hear you say it.
Blane: A month ago, I asked somebody else and I forgot.
Andie: You're a liar! You're a filthy, fucking, no-good liar. You don't have the guts to tell me the truth. Just say it!
Blane: I'm not lying.
Andie: Tell me!
Blane: What do you want to hear?
Andie: Tell me!
Blane: What?
Andie: You're ashamed to be seen with me.
Blane: No, I am not!
Andie: You're ashamed to go out with me. You're terrified that you're goddamn rich friends won't approve.
Andie: Just say it!
Andie: Just tell me the truth!
Blane: You don't understand that it has nothing at all do with you.

Blane: Andie!

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

My freshman year of high school I dated an Andrew McCarthy look alike. Dead ringer. Aaannd he was a senior. I was the coolest chick for about an hour while we went out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter