Monday, April 28, 2008

Grateful

I got the ole what-for tonight from Gwen about not blogging.

I explained that my temp job won't have it, I'm all restricted from certain parts of the internet and stuff. Plus I'm enjoying the job, so I'd rather do well by them.

It's at the paper of note in town, and it means I get to have lunch with Mr. Guadamuz on a regular basis. Pretty cool, right?

In other news, CRUMBLE is going well. Except that today the room sounded like a TB ward. The plague seems to have stricken the ladies of the team, while the men breeze through in top form. Who ever heard of a gender biased respiratory infection? But we're doing near-runs now, incorporating some of the more unusual props (petroleum jelly and watercolors), and putting the final touches on the production numbers. Sort of. I'm having a blast, truth be told.

Tomorrow is, indeed, the Helen Hayes awards. I haven't had time to get excited, spent too much time being stressed about dresses and shoes. I lost my silver shoes. I can't imagine where I left them (are they are your apartment Aaron?) so I got all frustrated having to re-conceive my dress with my black heels. But now I've wrapped my brain around it and I think I'm good. I think I like my dress. It's sparkly and should be good to dance in.

But that all isn't saying much.

Here's the thing, you know when you get low and life seems like a trial and you think "Good things will happen, good things will happen soon I know it"? Well all the good things are happening now. I am so amazingly fortunate to have so many good things in my life. Friends, love, exciting work, supportive family. I want to take a moment and step away from it all and recognize it and enjoy it. I want everyone to know how much they mean to me.

What a life. What a world.

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned that the 2 men in the cast are dropping vitamin C like it's going out of style. And washing our hands frequently. Like we have OCD frequently, ya dig?

What does "production numbers. Sort of." mean?

-mess

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Dantehicks36 said...

And the other funny thing is Danny G (Cassie's Man) has been getting the coughing sickies since a couple days ago, so if it only affects women, Danny and Cassie got something to talk about.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've never given anyone the "what for" before..

Twas great to see you!

I have silver shoes, if we are the same size we can switch halfway through the night.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no silver shoes in Astoria, as far as I can tell...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter