Sunday, March 16, 2008

Couches

Had a long day of wandering with Gwen and Messner yesterday and almost felt like a day of vacation since we were never actually wandering to get somewhere.

It's a week of readings.

Rehearsed one of them yesterday afternoon. I walked into the room on a bit of a high knowing I was going to spend four hours working with some of my favorite people in the world. Indeed, it was a rehearsal full of laughs, hopefully not to the detriment of the work. I don't think so. I am also experiencing what might be the draining of a deep well of anger/bitterness/frustration in my life and it makes me feel lighter and stronger just knowing that this is a possibility. For many years, I have thought it would never happen, even to the slightest degree.

It's a good thing.

So afterwards several of us went to eat Ella's pizzas with the playwright and then Gwen, Eric and I sat on a couch in Ollsen's, where we depressed Gwen with thirty-something talk. We then moved to another couch up at Bedrock Billiards. There we rang in the day of birth of one Mr. Randy Baker, artistic director extraordinaire. It was a fun time. Eric and I played Maggie and Randy in a mean game of foosball that made me all sweaty and nervous and loud. And I talked with Rahaleh about the first time we met. And I patted Casie's back a lot. And talked with McCormick about the Pogues and love. And got all misty-eyed chatting with Andrew and Gabriella.

Good times.

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep...sounds like a perfect day.

-mess

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could handle spending some more saturdays that way...

Hey, when I turn thirty, does that mean I get to depress twenty-somethings with my long tales of relationship drama? I sure hope so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter