Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Painstaking Work

I've been getting more immersed in preparations for my show at Catalyst.

And by that I mean watching Justin Timberlake videos and renting the Indiana Jones trilogy.

Callaghan. Putting the sexy back in background research.

Anyhow, last night C and I watched Raiders of the Lost Arc, which I totally had to twist his arm to sit down and watch with me (ha. right.) And I had the same moment of confusion that I had with Star Wars.

I was six when this movie came out. And yet, I swear I saw it in the theater. My parents would not have taken me to see this when I was six. How did this all come to be?

Same with Star Wars, which came out when I was only two.

Unless we saw them all on TV. And the sequels in the theater.

I'm wracking my brain for an in-the-moment image of where and when I saw these movies. I'm usually pretty good with that--my memory, while not always great with dates and times--can usually recall enough images and pictures to remember where I was and how I felt when I was doing something. But I'm having trouble here.

Family members--do you remember when we saw these movies?

I also was struck by the heat of the ship cabin sex scene, and wondered how I felt when I was a pre-pubescent who still thought that only married people had sex, watching it. I probably didn't get that that's what happened.

It's pretty hot though. And Harrison Ford? Yeah. Ummm. Really.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger blog prince said...

Star Wars, the first one, anyway, was re-released in the theatres in 1982 for its fifth anniversary. I'm pretty sure that was when I saw it first. At a drive-in with my family. And I do remember the first tv broadcasts of both Star Wars and Indiana Jones being a really big deal.

Don't forget to include the upcoming 4th Indiana Jones in your research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter