Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Leap Year

This wants to be a long-ish update. We'll see how that goes.

I am exhausted.

Do I have to update on everything? No, right? I can make my own rules?

I'm at a different temp job. The last one ended rather unceremoniously with a phone call mid-week at 4pm one day from my temp agency announcing that it would be my last day there, that the organization I was working at had decided to completely phase out that position.

Really?

Yes.

Really, really?

That's what they said...

I still think it had something to do with my hussy wardrobe.

This new job is truly temporary, which is good, and remarkably mindless, which is also kind of good.

Did I ever talk about SWIMMING IN THE SHALLOWS? The show opened, reviews were great, there are two weekends left so buy your tickets now if you want to see it.

Swim, swim, swim, swim, swim.

FIVE FLIGHTS also opened, and I think has been a good experience for everyone involved. It is a tricky little piece, but complex and delicate and funny and beautiful. Come see that as well. It's somewhere between workshop production/fully produced as far as design and whatnot, but that works well for the piece.

My parents were in town this weekend. They had planned a visit a while ago, when this was supposed to be my completely free month thinking we'd finally have a visit where I wasn't running from one place to the next the whole time. Not so much. But we had a great time, they saw SWIMMING, THE HOSTAGE and FIVE FLIGHTS (they swore they wanted to see a show each night) and we had some fabulous meals. Highlights were Heritage India and the new Napa 1015 on H Street. We also strolled through Old Town and they hit up the National Gallery.

Oh, and it's silly that I didn't give the big news to start with. I'll put it in its own post. It seems wrong to bury it.

Don't get excited. It's not any of that kind of news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter