Monday, November 19, 2007

Wordless

I don't even know how to start blog posts anymore.

I am listening to arabian flute music on Itunes. It all kind of sounds the same.

I had a strange weekend filled with push button emotions. Explain: we went to Galaxy Billiards on Saturday night to celebrate a special birthday. There, if you need the attention of a waiter, you push a little button on the pool table. It's like getting the attention of a flight attendant with the little button on the remote. You wait a few minutes and they appear. It's pretty cool.

So this weekend my emotions worked in a similar manner. Something would push a button, and within a few seconds: tears. This can be very inconvenient in a professional setting. But it happens. I think my body and mind are simply craving a day off. Which they will get thursday, all in due time.

And it wasn't only human interaction pushing the buttons. Last night I promised myself I would not do work, that the sound design and logistics for this reading could all be taken care of this morning (as is happening right now, with me, and itunes, and three pillows propping me up in a lame attempt to convert my bed into a space where *work* can be done) and I started reading the cover features from the last several sunday's washington post's. The one about the non-traditional older army recruit leaving his son and wife to start basic training, and the one about the family at odds about how to deal with the loss of their daughter/sister who was killed last year at the Virginia Tech massacre. Remember that awful day? Anyway, both well written stories, and both more than capable at pulling the heart strings.

Ouch. Leggo my heart strings.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger The Trendy Tailor said...

Hope you're feeling better today--it was great to see you last week. Hopefully we can get together for real at some point!
have a great holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter