Thursday, November 15, 2007

Scorpios

Happy Birthday mon pere.

Other stuff: Hannah is my new hero. She introduced me to Project Runway yesterday and I think I am smitten. She also introduced me to her friend who cuts hair so last night visions of snipper scissors danced in my head. I know. I’m such a tease. When will said haircut actually happen? Will it simply be the same haircut I get over and over and over again every few months? No! Resist. Try something NEW.

Mebbe.

The show goes well. I am actually having a blast, which is something I very rarely say about AD’ing. It has always seemed like a necessary step to other things, and indeed a great way to learn different approaches to directing, but it is rarely actually FUN. This time it is. I am being well utilized, I feel completely respected by everyone, AND I get to send vulgar text messages to MB on our breaks.

Speaking of birthdays… happy, happy to Skids and MB and all the other November babies. Yes, CP, you too, but not until next week.

Did you all know that next week is Thanksgiving? Crazy, right? Sweet Ben will be in town to see his fella, so I think we will see Edward II the night before turkey day. It’s been a while since I saw Ben. Maybe even June. Too long.

C and I crashed the Edward II party last weekend on the recommendation of superstar matinee idol Josh Lefkowitz. I can use his whole name now because he has become worthy of name dropping. Josh, Josh, Josh—see now I have total downtown hipster theater street cred, right? Would it were so easy.


I’m kidding. What I should be saying is that his newest solo show Now What? Over at Woolly is spectacular, just extended two weeks, really go see it—I laughed AND I cried this time around, and that doesn’t happen for me in the theater all that often. I also saw a reading of Mark Schultz’s The Gingerbread House as part of the New Play Network reading extravaganza at Woolly last weekend. I like his writing quite a lot, loved reading Helen of Troy, wished I had seen it, would love to keep reading his stuff. Will do so. The reading was very well executed, and I got a little nervous and fluttery and clammy when Stiles and Scott had a stage kiss. A very sweet stage kiss. Now you all wish you’d seen it, right?

Speaking of new plays, Jon Robin Baitz has published a riveting response to Charles Isherwood’s strike piece . I don't get snarky when I hear about playwrights heading out to LA to try their hand there, I just get sad. Less great words for me to work with, you know? And not to say that once in that world there is no turning back, it just seems to me that writing for TV is a pretty full time job. I don't blame those who make the shift, we just may miss you here on the other side.

5 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because you have put the image of Scott and Stile kissing in my head, I am no longer able to offer you the opportunity to accept the 10 million dollars I wanted to store in your checking account until I escape the evil regime here in Nigeria.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On second thought, I forgive you. Your checking account number please?

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you dear daughter!

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I got my hair cut by Hannah's friend who cuts hair, and it was awesome. and she's metro accessible and close to round house.

g

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger SAS said...

To the Nigerian Business Man:

You scam me I call in the flogger! Yes, the flogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter