Friday, July 06, 2007

Beautiful Friday

Hello friends. I left my cell phone at home today and the internet connection at my day job has been down most of the day, so yeah, it's been a swell one.

But on the plus side, we are now about 4/5ths done staging the show, we'll finish tonight, and be in good shape for a tech run tomorrow afternoon.

Everyone seemed pretty beat yesterday. Casie was sunburned pink from her 4th at the Nat's game. Alessandra kept having me check to feel if I thought she had a fever. Mike was appropriately droll, which was at least par the course. Cesar found some things "fucking hilarious" but less so than usual. And Stephanie brought cookies.

We love Stephanie.

It's been a long week and change.

I love this crew. Working on these shows with Shawn is a little bit different than a typical rehearsal process. There is a familial atmosphere that I think serves us. The highlight of any run is when Shawn invites us all over to his mother's house for her famous lasagna. It smacks a bit of home, though my third generation Italian roots are not nearly as authentic as his first generation ones. Mrs. Northrip's sauce is really good.

My mother is now wondering if I think her sauce isn't as good as Shawn's mom's sauce. Of course it is.

But I digress.


(You know the drill. Post continued over here.)

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I do dig the phrase, "Mrs. Northrip's sauce," I think Ma prefers to just go by Nanda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter