Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sorry-Grateful, Regretful-Happy

Many overdue thank you's...

To everyone who came out Saturday to my poorly planned, last minute, birthday gathering: big kisses, many thanks.

To the folks who started it out early with me (CP and Eliza and Ellen and Hairy Ape--what more could I ask for? A patio deck and great company, seriously, it doesn't get any better than that) and especially to those who stuck it out for the long run. To the other party for "Shirley" which seemed to somehow provide us with special service and celebratory balloons, as well as great people watching. To the crew at Tunni's who tolerated my ridiculous double-booking plan (don't let me do that again). To the amassed gang who made the trek over with me from one neighborhood bar to another neighborhood bar. To the good folks who initiated not one, but TWO renditions of "Happy Birthday". To Adrienne for the ridiculously large piece of chocolate cake slathered with redi-whip. To Gwen, Hannah, Randy and Deb for helping me eat it. To Blog-Prince for the BEST BIRTHDAY CARD EVER. To Miss Jackie for the fun and perfectly froufy girly gift. To J-Lo and HPMelon for coming by even after a long day and an opening and an opening reception and shmoozing. And to everyone who had a million other things to do that night (and I know--you all had them: openings, closings, out-of-town guests, monuments to see) who still came out to wish me a happy, happy.

So good to feel loved.

On another note: I am posting during the fringe over at DC Theater Scene [Hairy Ape shakes his head, "Will she never learn?"] so posting here might be a bit light this month.

But do check out the fringe blog over here and keep up with the City Paper Fringe and Purge feature.

Now go out and be good to each other, as you've all been so good to me.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger blog prince said...

xo

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

shake, shake, shake...sigh

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

Sounds like a blast. Happy belated B-Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter