Monday, June 04, 2007

Mom Sense

I'm finding it really tricky to write these days. I'm not working on a show. Moving has been the only major event in my life for the past few weeks.

Well, and some other stuff, but that's you know, my life.

And I do, when all is said and done, find it tricky to reeeeaaallly write about *my life*. Because, you know, it's my life.

So. Yeah. Ummm. Anyhow.

I think if I do keep writing I'll need to come up with a new moniker soon and I just don't want to deal with the phone call from my parents "Who is that [such-and-such] you are writing about?"

My mother is funny. She claims to have a sort of sixth sense where she just "knows" things. She says she senses what is coming before it happens. She tells me this and I scoff. Of course I scoff. That's what children were put on this earth for, isn't it? To scoff at the declarations of their parents.

Scoff. What a funny word.

Okay, I am totally stalling here.

Anyhow, when they came down for the move last weekend I exited their company once, ONCE!, to make a personal phone call. One. Single. Phone call. All weekend. Coulda been to MB. Coulda been to HPMelon. Coulda been something professional.

But it wasn't. And somehow, she knew.

"Who's that you are calling Citymouse? Why did you step out of the room? Are you calling a boy?"

Friggin' psychic.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, mysterious!
I like.

hope your unpacking, etc have gone well.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to feel that blogs are no place for love life. there are somethings that don't need to be shared. (except drunkenly in person). But I do think that good moods and giddiness related to said life can show through in any post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter