Monday, May 21, 2007

Uncharacteristically Optimistic

I wish I was the moon tonight.

Scratch that.

I wish I was IN the moon tonight. With Marybeth. In her big moon. Hanging out and drinking wine and stuff. "Hey, don't mind me. I'm just hanging out. In the moon. I'll stay out of the light I promise."

Yes, I saw Tempest and MB in her moon. She was lovely. Many beautiful moments in the show.

That was Friday.

Saturday was a perfect day during which I didn't once have to get on a Metro--everywhere I needed to be I could walk to. I love those days. And the weather was pretty near perfect, so really, it was a stunning day.

We did out second round of 365 Plays over at Catalyst, and kicking and screaming all the while, we had fun. A fabulous group, musical accompaniment, Tom Ka soup for lunch, b-b-b-b-beautiful.

(Rorschach has a cool plan for their 365's. If I could, I'd be there tonight. If you can, you should indeed.)

And then saturday evening, dinner and wine on a porch 'round the bend.

Porches are amazing. They represent everything that is good and true about a neighborhood. Good food, friends, wine, conversation--ach!--the goodness of it all warmed and overwhelmed me.

Sunday afternoon was another wonderful day outside with finger sized canapés, theater supporters, and catalyst lovelies. Plus an adorable little one. And a cat.

Both days made me realize how rarely I pause to appreciate the wonderful moments in my life. The amazing friends I have around me. Close friends that I see several times a week. Friends that I run into once every few months but still delight to see. New friends who I finally had the chance to discover this year. Friends who make me smile because they cross the line of humor every time I see them. Friends who I have known for twelve years. Friends who I have known for a much shorter time though it feels like forever. In the best possible way.

I spend so much time fixating on what I don't have. But there is so much that I do have.

Note to self: remember these things. Appreciate them.

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-).

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will drink wine with you in my box anytime. moon. yer the bestest.
friends are good.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger DCepticon said...

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
Vonnegut had something to say about everything.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, especially the concluding paragraph!You are really lucky to have so many good friends.Friends are essential and friendship is a rare gift.Enjoy and have fun!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Oooh, I want some wine. Do you think we can all fit in MB's box?

Ha!

Let friends increase!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter