Saturday, January 13, 2007

Furry Item

I'm in New York for a quick visit, less than twenty-four hours. There were specific reasons I came up here, though I don't remember now exactly what those were. Mostly to try and heal a fractured friendship--which happens tomorrow morning.

I did see the former speech writer for a quick drink, after which he took me to Moss in Soho. Did everyone else know about this place? It's a fun window shopping jaunt, really cool design elements, amazing chairs and lamps and $6,000 serving bowls. I bought what might be the cheapest thing in the place for Miss T's baby girl--the Bunglie Black Bear (link is in the title). He's really soft. I had a flicker where I thought I'd kind of like to keep him for myself.

I won't.

Then I had Thai food with sweet tara and we unpacked the past month of life over our spicy basil dishes and sake mojitos.

Back to DC tomorrow at noon. Fun to be here. I do love this city.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm walking around the village with an old friend Saturday night on my 24-hour trip to NYC and I think to myself, I swear I just walked past Shirley.

Then I called out, "Shirley!"

And every else on the street turned around, except this girl. So I think I'm an idiot and turn back in embarrassment.

Of course, now I suspect it, in fact, was you, and you were perhaps in your own little head of distraction!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter