Saturday, December 23, 2006

Use Your Nog-gin

Is it better to blog about what I have been doing or what I have been thinking?

That's the question. I think I tend to lean towards thinking.

That said--a doing entry. HPMelon and family had a rocking holiday gathering last night. Aptly titled "Come to the 'Burbs!" we ventured out to Sterling, VA amidst sub-divisions and twinkling lights and glowing electric reindeer. I was the very thankful car guest of other city dwellers, and after a few bouts of traffic and a wrong turn or two we found ourselves at the lovely Melon home. There we feasted on latkes, stuffed mushrooms, and lots of rum-based beverages. I'd spent the day thinking about Silk Soy Eggnog, which I then purchased at Whole Foods and immediately realized--"Who in God's name is going to want to drink Soy Egg Nog other than me?!" Well, you'd be surprised. I don't know if I'd quite call it a HIT, but it was definitely consumed. And it was tasty, in that vanilla soymilk kind of way. Plus anything is good when mixed with Captain Morgan's.

Other highlights included:
- A concert featuring the Melon clan: seven-year-old on drums, five-year-old on harmonica, papa-Melon on guitar and vocals, and mama-Melon on vocals. And the three-year-old princess of the house gave new meaning to doing the twist.
- Me spouting my mouth off to Miss Ghill about the holidays. Sometimes I like arguing so much that I forget what my point was in the first place. Just hand me a stuffed mushroom, will you?
- A landslide win by the All-women-except-Gwenergy-team in Taboo. Gwenergy, let it be known, was the star player on her team laden with testosterone. Mr. HPMelon kept finding reasons why the women were, really, wiping up the floor with the fellas in this game, and despite his cries of Girl stuff! Women talk! and Jew stuff! we won it fair and square.

All in all, a fantastic evening.

Well then. What else have I done this week since over-reacting about my possible sickness?

A production meeting on Tuesday night. Things are shaping up. It's very exciting.

A holiday themed Tunni's on Wednesday night. And by holiday I mean we drank jack and coke. In honor of the holidays.

The Folger Concert with classical-music-fan on Thursday. It was really peaceful and transporting, actually. I have not watched an entire Consort performance in several years--for no reason other than it hasn't occurred to me to do so--and I am very glad that I made it this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter