Monday, August 07, 2006

Travel Sticky

I'm back from NY after an extended weekend. We were pretty successful as far as casting goes, still a few uncertains but we're on our way, at least.

I didn't do much hanging out. Had dinner and drinks with a new-ish friend, which was really lovely and laid back until things took a turn to the semi-dramatic towards the end. My reaction to that was overblown, I just can't process any "talks" right now, and had so been enjoying a chill evening after weeks and weeks of show stress that the conversation turned and all I wanted to do was the "la-la-la-la-la" thing with my hands over my ears.

It's too bad, really. Because the bar we were in had these fabulous Irish musicians who'd been jamming all night on a fiddle and a banjo type thing, and it really was a great, spontaneous, laid back NY evening.

Seriously, just relax. Everybody.

B then had to deal with my mini-breakdown when I found him afterwards, uptown.

It's not you, it's them, he assured me.

Which is why I love B. Because he always says exactly what I need to hear.

The American Apparel skirt was, as expected, a constant fixture throughout the weekend. And the birthday drinks with the ex-ex-ex and his friends was actually the most drama-free evening of the entire weekend.

Sometimes life surprises you like that.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

So who took my damn part?

Finally home--hope to catch up soon. Miss the LUNCH crew...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter