Thursday, August 03, 2006

Overflow

I posted an ad online for our NYMF LUNCH auditions and I am now getting no less than two emails a minute.

It makes me dread opening my inbox.

It forces me to be a training snob.

Don't send a headshot with facial hair when you want to audition for a show about eighth graders.

Don't accidentally send me your waitress resume because I don't have time to email you back and tell me you made a mistake.

Make your resume and headshot easy to open. Use a recognizable program. Don't zip it if you can help it.

Don't list your film and television credits first. Unless they are spectacular (and they never are) I will automatically delete your resume. I direct theater, not TV.

Do tell me a cute eighth grade memory. It proves you read the ad. But keep it short.

Don't send me a cleavage shot. I'm not interested and the show is about fourteen-year-olds.

Don't have a headshot with face piercing. Sorry, but, ewww.

Ladies, lay off on the eyeliner. I can't tell what you really look like.

4 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger The Deceiver said...

I used to go back and forth on the whole facial hair on a headshot thing. Last time I got shot, I had actually done FIFTEEN straight shows in which I was asked to wear the exact same facial hair...so, I was like, "FINE, directors. I give!" I may have also said, "Sheesh."

That said, my cleavage shots really did go over poorly.

Very nice to meet you the other day, btw. You have an infectious sort of friendliness. It made me glad to be a part of your iPod repair.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger DCepticon said...

You will of course be forwarding all of the cleavage shots on right. Purely for my research file of course. Haven't seen you in forever, hope all is well.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW I understand why I never get any gigs. It's the facial hair! Whew, thanks for setting me straight there lady ;)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger SAS said...

And of course, worst of all are the hairy cleavage shots.

Ha, ha, no, no - no one has ever sent me hairy cleavage shots, that's just a joke. Ha. Ha, ha.

And, for the record, I have nothing wrong with facial hair in headshots, just not when you are looking to audition for the part of a fourteen-year-old, you know?

I also have no problem with cleavage shots in general, but the axiom above applies there as well.

I mean, come on - me have a problem with cleavage?

Nice to finally meet you too DeCeiver, my ipod hero.

Decepticon, well, I believe it was you who was out traversing the country with the young-folk... glad to have you back.

And Schwartzie - Welcome. Hello. Good Morning. Cleavage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter