Monday, July 24, 2006

Immunity



The good news:
We sold out both of our evening shows this weekend and were a few tickets away from selling out our daytime shows. Tonight is sold out and I am betting tomorrow night will sell out as well. So, we can pay off the people we owe. Audiences seem to be having a good time, we are learning a lot about what works and what doesn't work that will help us out for the NY show, and I will say - the Fringe folk have pulled off an absolutely amazing feat (even if several of them will never speak to me again).

The bad news:
As much as I'd like to deny it, I'm a little bit sick. I thought I'd slept wrong Saturday night (spent on the futon) and that was why my neck ached all Sunday. But today I have that achy, icky, sore feeling in my bones and throat and have to concede that my body has done what it so often tends to do - it holds up for the time when I need all my resources, and the moment I have a break it falls apart. The bummer is I'd wanted to do fun stuff, see shows, relax, maybe go to visit B and W at the beach for a week before jumping fully into preparations for New York and now it looks like I will spend my week trying to get better.

Popping oscillococcinum as we speak...

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all so very excited for you guys. Dying to hear how the run goes in NY as well.

I love speaking with you Shirley.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shirley!
I didn't get a chance to talk to you after the show last night, but I wanted to say that I had a fantastic time. Your cast is adorable and the music is great, I laughed my ass off and had a riotous time. wonderful work,
thanks again,
g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter