Friday, July 28, 2006

And were they just waiting for me to Google myself?

Okay, this is strange.

I googled my name the other day (of course I did, we all do, it's lame but inevitable and I can say I was looking for reviews which I mostly was) and this page came up from the New York State Office of the State Comptroller, Office of Unclaimed Funds. And my name was on this chart along with address of the very first apartment I lived in when I moved to Manhattan in 1999. When you clicked on the link for my name it went to a form that I could fill out to "claim my account".

I have no idea what this is.

It says it was reported by "Bed Bath".

Does this mean they owe me something, or I owe them?

Anyone?

If I send in the form am I going to receive a huge bed bath and beyond bill with seven years of accrued interest? Or do they have a brita pitcher waiting for me, or a new futon cover or something?

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger blog prince said...

Office of Unclaimed Funds mean that they owe you something. If you ever had a bed bath charge account, it's possible there was a class action suit on behalf of charge account holders. It shouldn't mean that you owe them money. Office of Unclaimed Funds exist for things like if you got a tax refund and them moved and never got or deposited the check, etc. Things like that. Worth checking into.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto the above. The unclaimed funds are yours. If you do nothing soon, it goes to NYS.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Alexander Strain said...

I dare you to google the name Aidan Jareth, frightening what comes up.

And further from that why not google the name 'Aidan Jareth' under images.

Terrifying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter