Thursday, July 20, 2006

Life's Quirks

Hearing the first four bars of Ben Fold's The Luckiest can make me cry regardless of where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with, and how I'm feeling.

There is a certain food smell that brings me back to a specific dining hall of the girl scout camp I went to when I was eleven. I can't remember the name of any of the campers, but I can picture that dining hall down to the last detail.

I can remember the lyrics of songs that I sang in shows when I was fourteen yet I can't remember the password for my online bank account.

Sometimes when I picture my parents in my head they look like they did twenty years ago. Other times they look like they did last week.

I can start every story I ever want to tell. I am able to finish only about 40% of them without making stuff up.

I often wish I could go back and have a conversation with my seventeen-year-old self.

I really used to do okay on six hours of sleep a night.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'the luckiest' is one of the top ten best songs of all time. the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter