Thursday, June 29, 2006

Postponed


I'm a little sad.

Hello sad, how are you?

For the first time in about five years I will not celebrate my birthday with my twin brother. I was going to, made the plans, was to have dinner with him and my parents in the city on Saturday, but every time I got online to make the arrangements I'd back out before purchasing tickets to get up there. I just couldn't do it.

And yesterday I realized I was too spent to travel what would inevitably be 10 hours to spend 20 hours total in New York (six or so sleeping). And it made me sad, to break with tradition, to miss out on a family event, to pass up the chance to see people I love and miss. But I couldn't do it. I already feel too far behind on too many things.

So I called everyone's cell phones and left these overly-dramatic messages about deciding not to come up. Each time I would break down midway through (I'm not sure why this seemed so tragic to me - it's something about being a cancer and being ridiculously committed to traditions) and then regain my composure and assure them each, "I mean, everything is fine, don't worry, really I'm okay..."

My father called me back first and assured me that everything was fine, we'd celebrate our birthdays later when my brother got back from Germany (yes, I know, tough life).

So, this year our birthday will happen a month late.

Which on some level is appropriate since we were five or so weeks premature.

I've always wondered what my life would have been like as a Leo.

(Hmmm. I just read the Leo profile. I think perhaps I have in fact been leading my life with all of the obsessiveness of a Leo and all of the moodiness of a Cancer. This explains a lot.)

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger DCepticon said...

Happy birthday my friend the Mouse. Remember its not how old you are its remembering how you are that counts.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Lieben zu.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i thoroughly enjoy reading these posts that ive randomly stumbled upon - looking for a picture of a skater.

i have to say your writing is pretty captivating, as are your thoughts.. oh man ive been with you on the cancer thing before..the moodiness .. and i am pretty darn obsessive at timmes too. anyways i hope that you HAD a nice birthday lol seeing as you havent posted in a good portion of a year.

come back! lol.

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BD!! I will be 51 in July, not 31 like yourself... you are yet a baby.. Enjoy it while it lasts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter