Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's Also a Prime Number


It occurred to me today that eight days remain until that day, the day, and maybe that is also why things have been a bit fuzzy lately.

I will post about the concert and the rest of my new york time soon, but perhaps this week will otherwise be dedicated to the upcoming year.

To begin. Thirty gets all the credit, right? But there's got to be something special about thirty-one...

Thirty-one is:

The number of days in the months January, March, May, July, August, October and December.

The code for international direct dial phone calls to the Netherlands.

A card game.

The number of flavors of Baskin Robbins.

Historical years: 31 A.D., 31 B.C. or 1931.

Turkish slang for masturbation ("otuzbir").

Those were courtesy of Wikipedia. There has to be something more significant about thirty-one than frozen dairy deserts, right?

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

um, it was a really good year for me. I did some of my best work at 31 - now 32 that might be a let down. I always have better odd years than even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter