Monday, January 16, 2006

Please Hold

I'm working today. I may be the only one on all of Capitol Hill working, but gosh darn it - if people get the hankering to buy theater tickets on MLK day, we will be there to serve them.

I am frustrated because my life is a little on hold right now while I wait for several people to call or email me back with answers to specific questions. This is perhaps the universe's way of teaching me that I should be better about calling and emailing people back right away. It's never been my forte. I know. I'm sorry. Everyone.

I am experiencing right what it feels like to be on hold. It is frustrating in general, but maddening when it is career related. Because I just need an answer from people. Yes or no. And yet the answers don't come. And the result, I fear, will be me burning a bridge when all is said and done, and resenting that I end up looking like the slacker.

Shit.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Artist In Transition said...

Just be honest with everyone involved and I doubt you will end up looking like a slacker. People in this business do understand the somewhat shifting nature of the business.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is at least one person who bought theater tickets on MLK day...not from your box office though, sorry.
-Thoreau

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter