Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thank You Note

Tomorrow is, of course, thanksgiving.

As you all can see lately (rather, read) I have spent the past month and change wallowing in some pretty thick self pity.

I'm gonna try to snap out of that. It's not fun for me, it's not fun for the people around me, it's not fun for the folks I work with.

I know you usually make resolutions on New Years but I'll do it on Thanksgiving.

I resolve to snap out of it. Or at least to put my wallowing energy into something more productive. You heard it here first. Remind me of this when you catch me in the act.

And thanks go to friends. Thanks for kindness. Thanks for compassion. Thanks for generous spirits.

Now I'm sounding hokey.

In closing, a Kurt Vonnegut quote I had on a poster years and years ago. It always stuck in my head. I think he's pretty right on:

Hello babies, welcome to earth. It's hot in the summer and
cold in the winter. It's round, and wet, and crowded. At
the outset babies, you've got about a 100 years here.
There's only one rule that I know of babies - Damn it,
you've got to be kind. There's only one rule: you've got to
be kind.
--Kurt Vonnegut

Here's to kindness.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger blog prince said...

Here here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter